If you are thinking of hiring me as your postpartum doula, here is what you can expect.
Before The Birth
I will come out to your house and get to know you and your family. We can discuss the services I have to offer as well as what kind of support you anticipate needing after the birth of your baby. We can also talk about a tentative schedule. Of course, since the addition of a new baby is full of unknowns, everything will be flexible until you better know the areas where you need the most support.
After the Birth
After your baby is born, you will need to call me to set up our first visit. While I am there, I can:
- provide emotional support
- assist with new born care
- assist with personal care for mom
- offer breastfeeding tips and assistance
- help with siblings
- occasional meal preparation
- light housekeeping – picking up, laundry, etc.
- make referrals to specialized help if needed
- assist with baby wearing, belly binding and swaddling
While my basic services includes 3 days of postpartum care, I am available for as many days you think you may need me on a per diem basis.
Let’s Start a Conversation
If my services appeal to you, let’s start a conversation. Contact me, and let’s discuss how I can provide the comfort and care you deserve after your baby is born.